3 festive drinks to shake up with your Ohelo cup
It has been two crazy years since we were last able to sit around the fireplace and share the joy of Christmas the festivity joys with our loved ones. This festive season we want to do it properly – and that means the drinks as well! Having a great cocktail once meant getting all dolled up and heading out on the town with your besties or spending money on a whole heap of bar tending gadgetry that then lives in the back of a kitchen drawer for 51 weeks of the year. While heading out is still great fun, we want to make sure you have those perfect drinks ready and waiting for the small gatherings at home, without needing to buy extra cocktail gadgets you will only use once or twice a year.
Here are our 3 favourite festive drinks this season. Best served chilled, these drinks are perfect to make in your Ohelo tumblers – proving once again that these are not JUST coffee cups! The 100% leakproof sip lid and mesh attachments make it an ideal substitute for a cocktail shaker and can be strained into your glass with ease. Shake it up, open the inner lid and pour out your cocktail creation and enjoy being the host with the most this season.
This cranberry-infused spin on the classic martini is a great for the lead-up to the Christmas dinner – all while getting one of your five-a-days in!
• 200g cranberries
• 2 limes
• 1 orange
• 100g caster sugar – plus more to coat the glass rims
• Wine-mulling spice bag (optional)
• Few slices of root ginger
• 1 cinnamon stick
• 180ml vodka
• Soda water
• Handful of cranberries, to garnish
1. Squeeze the juice out of the limes and orange and set aside.
2. Add the cranberries, lime juice, orange juice, sugar, wine-mulling spice bag (if you’re using it), root ginger and cinnamon stick into a pan filled with 300ml water.
3. Simmer for 15 minutes, then use a strainer over a jug to separate the liquid from the rest. Leave to cool, then chill.
4. Add the liquid to your Ohelo tumbler with ice and shake, shake, shake!
5. Dip the glass’s rim into sugar before pouring the content. Add some soda water (to taste) and top it off with some cranberries to garnish.
SLOE GIN FIZZ
Buck fizz who? This year, it’s all about the sloe gin fizz! Instead of using a sparkling wine of your choice, this sloe gin fizz will keep you happy and buzzing all night long!
• 50ml sloe gin
• 25ml lemon juice
• 2 tsp sugar syrup
• Sparkling water
• Lemon slice, to garnish
• Blackberries (fresh or frozen), to garnish
1. Pour the gin, lemon juice and sugar syrup into your Ohelo tumbler and fill with ice cubes. Shake well then empty into your glass.
2. Top it up with sparkling water (to taste) and stir gently. Garnish with a lemon slice and blackberries.
What’s better than a cosmopolitan, you ask? Why, a Christmas cosmopolitan of course!
• 100ml vodka
• 100ml ginger wine
• 200ml cranberry juice
• 1 lime
• Sliced stem ginger
• Garnish of choice (orange, lime, rosemary)
1. Pour all the ingredients into your Ohelo tumbler and shake well.
2. Strain into your glass and add your choice of garnish.
Can't wait to try these out but not got your hands on one of our awesome tumblers yet? Head to our tumblers collection now and grab you new to-go cup that can double as a cocktail shaker in it's spare time!